This policy (together with any other documents we refer to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Who we are
“We” or “us” means Shaffer Offshore Solutions.
If you wish to contact us, please email email@example.com.
By contacting us, using our services or visiting our website, which is owned and controlled by us (“our website”), you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy unless you inform us otherwise.
Information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our website, submit a booking or report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and financial information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plugin types and versions, operating system and platform;
- About your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click-stream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products and pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and our website.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you from third parties such as online payment services like PayPal. When that data is collected from you, you should be informed by those third parties at that stage that it may be shared internally by us and combined with data collected from multiple sources.
We also receive information about you from cookies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give us
We will use this information to:
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Where you have indicated to us that you are happy for us to do so, we may also use this information to:
- Provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about or receive from us.
Information we collect about you
Examples of how we will use this information includes (but is not limited) to:
- Administer our services, and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our services, when you choose to do so;
- Keep our services, website and premises safe and secure;
- Measure or understand the effectiveness of our service.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your device to help the website provide a better user experience. Once you agree to the placing of cookies, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we can share your personal information with:
- Anonymously, with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website or business.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Shaffer Offshore Solutions, 1 Castle View, Langton Matravers, Dorset BH19 3HT.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Where we store your personal data
Where data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area by third party suppliers we have ensured that specific safeguards are in place to protect the personal data of individuals and that your rights are preserved. Our suppliers are either members of an European Union approved certification mechanism or we have a specific agreement in place which incorporates the EU’s standard contractual clauses on data transfer.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right (subject to certain restrictions) to request any of the following; we ask that you send such requests to our contact details as listed above:
- Access – to access all the personal data we hold about you;
- Erasure – that we erase all personal data we hold about you, if that data is no longer being used for the purposes you have consented to or if you revoke your consent;
- Portability – to copy or transfer the personal data we hold about you to another party.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will not store your data for any longer than is necessary. If you are a user of our services, then your information will be held for as long as you continue to use our services.
If you cease to use our services, your personal data will be anonymised for statistical purposes shortly after you stop using our services.
Contact information and further advice
If you would like to contact us please do so via one of the methods below:
Shaffer Offshore Solutions, 1 Castle View, Langton Matravers, Dorset BH19 3HT
If you have concerns about the use of your personal data, the Information Commissioner’s Office is an independent body set up to uphold information rights in the United Kingdom. They can be contacted through their website, ico.org.uk, or their helpline on 0303 123 1113, or in writing to: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Last updated: October 2018