First Aid and Medical Kits
Designed by registered paramedic and expedition medic Christy Shaffer (RYA Accredited First Aid Instruction, R99425 Christy L. Shaffer / College of Paramedics, MC Para PA36949, HCPC Registered) for use in austere and remote environments for the treatment of common and acute injuries and ailments.
- Treatment for: hypothermia, burns, bleeding, wounds, drowning, fractures and sprains, eye injuries, skin and wound infections, patient immobilising carry and transfer designed for confined and difficult spaces.
- Customised prescription and dispensing facilities available.
- High quality bag constructed from ballistic nylon with salt water corrosion resistant zips and fastenings.
- Clearly labelled and organised for rapid response in an emergency.
- Cutting edge medical technology developed for the ambulance service and military.
- Certified RYA First Aid training available with the purchase of each kit – enquire for details.
- Prices starting from £350 inc. VAT.
- Can be customised to conform with MCA Category B and C ship’s medical kits.
Email us or phone 07342 880787.
- Resus airway mask
- Oral glucose gel
- ACT-PAK Bleeding Kit (Basic) – hemostatic dressing, hemostatic gauze, tourniquet, marker pen, ACT guide, latex-free gloves
- 1 x 20 cm x 45 cm sterile, gel-soaked burn dressing
- 1 x 10 cm x 10 cm sterile, gel-soaked burn dressing
- 1 x 5 cm x 15 cm sterile, gel-soaked burn dressing
- 1 x 50 ml tube pain relieving burn gel
- 2 x 4 ml sachet pain relieving burn gel
- 1 x conforming bandage
- 1 x Inadine non-adherent dressing – iodine-soaked dressing
Splints and ice packs:
- 1 x 91.4 cm x 10 cm SAM Splint – immobilising splint for fractures and sprains: wrist, arm, ankle
- 5 x finger splints – SAM Splints for broken and sprained fingers
- 1 x roll micro-pore tape – no scissors required
- 1 x medium dressing, 12 cm x 12 cm
- 1 x triangular bandage
- 1 x roll of immobilising tape (brown), maximum support for strains and sprains – self-adherent
- 1 x roll of immobilising tape (green), medium support for strains and sprains
- 1 x instant ice pack
- 5 x 20 ml sterile eye wash pods
- 3 x non-adherent eye dressing, or wet wound dressing
- 5 x 20 ml sterile topical irrigation pods
- 1 x heated blanket (also use oral glucose or other high sugar replacement in conjunction with heated blanket)
- 1 x insulated weather blanket
- 2 x adhesive wound dressings
- Tough cut scissors – remove clothing, life jackets, webbing, rope
- Small dressing scissors – cut bandages, steri-strips to shape
- Tempa-DOT disposable thermometer
RYA Accredited First Aid Instruction, R99425 Christy L. Shaffer · College of Paramedics, MC Para PA36949, HCPC Registered